Court News

Amherst Daily News
Published on September 13, 2011
Amherst Daily News


 Allen sentenced for stealing rum

AMHERST – Terry Dean Allen, 30 of Bayview Drive, Lower Truro, pleaded guilty in court on Monday to stealing a bottle of rum from the Royal Canadian Legion, the value of which did not exceed $5,000.

Allen was given a suspended sentence with 12 months probation, with conditions, and a $40 fine, which he will pay to the Malagash Legion.

The incident occurred Oct.30, 2009 in Malagash.


MacDonald sentenced for possession of marijuana

AMHERST – Justin MacDonald, 27, of McGee Street Springhill, pleaded guilty in court on Monday to possession of marijuana.

MacDonald was sentenced to a $345 fine. The incident occurred July 7, in Leamington.


Mitchell sentenced to $1,150 fine

AMHERST – Frank William Mitchell, 33, of Westbrook, Nova Scotia, was sentenced in court on Monday to a $1,150 fine and a one-year driving prohibition after pleading guilty to operating an all terrain vehicle while the concentration of alcohol in his blood exceeded .08 per cent.

The incident occurred July 19, in Westbrook.


Patterson fined $575

AMHERST – Sean Patrick Patterson, 18, of Foundry Street, Oxford, appeared in court on Monday and was sentenced to a fine of $575 after pleading guilty to having in his possession a car, knowing it was obtained illegally, the value of which did not exceed $5,000.

The incident occurred May 27, in Oxford.


Smith sentenced for purchasing goods with stolen credit card

AMHERST – Ricky Wayne Smith, 42, of Liberty Lane Amherst, was sentenced in court on Monday to five months custody, concurrent on each count after pleading guilty to forgery, possession of a stolen credit card and fraudulent personating of the owner of the credit card to purchase goods with credit.

The incidents occurred March 31 in Amherst.


Williams pleads guilty to uttering a threat

AMHERST – Darrell Shawn Williams, 47, of Crescent Ave., Amherst, was sentenced to 30 days custody in court on Monday after pleading guilty to uttering a threat to cause death.

The incident occurred Sept. 2, 2011 in Amherst.