Its official: Lesnar to defend title against Carwin at UFC 106

The Associated Press ~ staff The News
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

LAS VEGAS - The UFC has confirmed the UFC 106 main event between heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar and unbeaten challenger Shane Carwin.
The fight will take place Nov. 21 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
"Brock Lesnar has been tearing through everyone over the last year," UFC president Dana White said in a statement Monday. "But in Shane Carwin, he's not only fighting someone as big as he is, he's fighting someone who has ended all of his fights in less than three minutes. This is literally the biggest heavyweight title fight ever and may also be the most explosive."
Lesnar (4-1) is listed at six foot three and 265 pounds while Carwin (11-0), an engineer by trade, is 6-3 and 262.
The card will also features the return of Tito Ortiz. The Huntington Beach Bad Boy, a former UFC light-heavyweight champion, will meet 44-year-old Mark (The Hammer) Coleman, a former heavyweight title-holder, at 205 pounds.
"There are a lot of people out there that expect me to succeed and there are a lot of people out there that expect me to fail," said Ortiz. "But I feel great and I'm expecting to win back my belt."

Geographic location: LAS VEGAS, Mandalay Bay

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments