Celine Dion says sandstorms not to blame for cancellation

The Associated Press ~ staff The News
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

BEIJING Singer Celine Dion cancelled her concert in Beijing due to difficulty securing an appropriate venue, but not because she was worried about sandstorms, her website said.

BEIJING Singer Celine Dion cancelled her concert in Beijing due to difficulty securing an appropriate venue, but not because she was worried about sandstorms, her website said.

The Beijing News reported earlier this week that Dions outdoor concert April 13 at Beijings Workers Stadium was cancelled out of fear that sandstorms which often hit Beijing in the spring could harm her voice.

A statement posted Wednesday on Dions website said after reviewing the situation it was decided an indoor venue would be more suitable, but one could not be secured in time. The statement denied that sandstorms played a part in the decision.

Im really sorry that things couldnt be worked out for the concert in Beijing. I was really looking forward to it, Dion said in the statement.

Dions April 11 show in Shanghai will go ahead, and the singer will visit Beijing the next day to appear on her friend Yang Lans TV show, the statement said. The cancelled show will be rescheduled, it said.

Local promoter Emma Ticketmaster confirmed that the show had been cancelled but did not give a reason.

Dion has rescheduled several shows in Australia and Malaysia over the past week because she has had a respiratory tract infection, her website said.

Organizations: Beijing News, Beijings Workers

Geographic location: BEIJING, Shanghai, Australia Malaysia

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments