Fire engulfs South Albion Street home

Sam McNeish
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Former home of shoe repair business

AMHERST - Amherst firefighters are continuing their investigation of a fire on Albion Street late Saturday.

The blaze, confined to the second storey of the former Ward Shoe Repair building, was extinguished shortly after 1 a.m.

Upon arrival, Amherst firefighters found the second storey of the home ablaze with flames coming out of the front and back windows.

Amherst fire chief Bill Crossman said the fire was in both the living room and bedroom areas of the home.

One man at the scene was taken into an ambulance by the EHS on site. It was not known if he was an occupant of the home or the status of his health.

As of Sunday a cause had yet to be determined.

Geographic location: South Albion Street, Albion Street

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments