Midget A Ramblers win Bluenose Tourney

Dave Mathieson
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

The Midget A Ramblers celebrate with the championship banner after beating Cap-Pele/Shediac 5-4 in double overtime Sunday afternoon at Amherst Stadium. The Midget A Ramblers are: (goaltenders, from left) Nick McCormick, Carly Jackson, (team, from left) assistant coach Steve Boss, Quentin Merlin, Forrest Gallagher, captain Tristin Boss, Colton Hiltz, (behind Hiltz) Brandon MacDonald, Jessie Gouchie, (behind Gouchie) Ethan Crowe Chad Miller, (behind Miller) Joel St. Peter, Matt Smith, Connor Hurley, Kolby Benjamin, Reilly McMillan, assistant coach Forrest Merlin, head coach Ray Gouchie.

AMHERST – By deking the Cap-Pele/Shediac goaltender and shooting the puck top shelf, Chad Miller captured the 2013 Carter’s Sports Cresting Bluenose Invitational championship banner for his Midget A Ramblers team.

Miller said it was the biggest goal he’s ever scored.

“It felt awesome to score the goal,” he said.

Carly Jackson said it was tense but fun playing in goal for the Ramblers in the championship game, and added, “It feels really amazing to win, and I congratulate Chad for scoring the winning goal.”

She also thanked all her teammates for working hard.

“We worked so hard, and everybody contributed to the win,” she said.

Her assistant coach Steve Boss agrees.

“We were up by a couple goals and the other team came on strong and we showed a tremendous amount of composure,” said Boss. “They dug down deep and got the job done. It shows that hard work pays off.”

“The coaching staff is extremely proud of all of them all,” he added.

The Ramblers had a 3-1 lead at the end of the first period. Ethan Crowe scored 46 seconds into the game off a pass from Connor Hurley, and then Quentin Merlin scored the second Ramblers goal at the 10-minute mark with assists from Kolby Benjamin and Colton Hiltz.

Jesse Gouchie scored and unassisted goal for the Ramblers a little over four minutes later.

The second period ended with the Ramblers up 4-3, with Crowe teaming up with Hurley for their second goal of the game. Crowe got the goal and Hurley the assist.

Cap-Pele scored the only goal in the third, tying the game 4-4.

Nobody scored in the first overtime, and then Miller scored with 24 seconds left in the second overtime.


Organizations: Cap-Pele

Geographic location: Amherst Stadium

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page