KENTVILLE - The Pictou County Weeks Crushers defeated the Valley Jr A Wildcats 4-1 on Saturday night to claim three of four points over the weekend.
Nick Parker led the Crushers with two goals, while Devan Tremblay made 38 saves for the win.
Parker opened the scoring at 3:36 to give the Crushers a 1-0 lead. Garrett Lambke (game-winning goal) scored at 5:34 to extend the lead to 2-0. Parker (second goal of game) scored at 14:13 to increase the lead to 3-0. Grant Janes (powerplay) scored at 17:07 to get the Wildcats on the scoreboard at 3-1 after the first period.
- Read more special articles:
- Crushers dominate Ramblers in statement game
- Crushers host Ramblers in preview of playoff matchup
- Parker named MHL's first star
- Crushers come from behind twice to drop Tigers
There was no second period scoring.
Jordan McInnis (empty net) rounded out the scoring at 19:57 of the third.
Pictou County went 0 for 3 on the power play, while Valley went 1 for 5.
Blade Mann-Dixon stopped 26 of 29 shots in the loss.