Comments

Comments

• DavE
    November 13, 2013 - 07:55

I came home as a result of being inspired by the advertising I saw. As a health care professional I felt I could find work and was reassured by Brad Wall having signed the Western Canadian Partnership for labour transmobility. Alas like Obama Mr. Wall was full of promises, transmobility was not offered here and I could not find a job in my proffession. I could work as a greeter but in health care no way! Further I bought land next to the city of Saskatoon, next to the property I grew up on. It was meant to be an investment in my future but the sask party has taken that from me with regional planning. Time for a class action lawsuit

• Rogers Hater
    October 13, 2013 - 14:30

Yeah Dwayne, the Sask Party is just using the Crowns to offset his governments actual deficits. Still suprising that Saskatchewan isn't actually growing. And a lot of native kids means a whole new kettle of fish. Sure isn't the line the government or media is feeding us

• Conrad
    October 11, 2013 - 19:35

Dwayne, if Saskatchewan is booming, why not respond to Henselmeier's comment? How do you explain neutral interprovincial migration? If population growth is all merely from more native babies and increasing how many immigrants we take. It seems hardly related to the "economy" at all. And I did move, but not because of being "left" wing, I got fed up with house prices sky rocketing while wages still trail Alberta by a lot. I would encourage ANY new science, engineering or medical grad from Saskatchewan to look to Alberta. Housing is as expensive as Sask, but wages are so much higher. Even more so for commerce degrees!

• DWAYNE THOMPSON
    October 11, 2013 - 18:16

Another Left Wing Looney spouting off. If you are not happy with the prosperity of Saskatchewan under the Sask. Party and Brad Wall hit the road.

• Conrad
      October 11, 2013 - 19:41

Dwayne, define prosperity, the provincial auditor keeps pointing out Wall is running deficits but hiding with fake dividends from the Crowns, which they then finance with new "debt"... and if my Calgary radio news serves me right, isn't PCS (your ONLY big company) stock taking it on the chin in light of minimal progressive increases in competition? I am quite "right wing" but to me, that doesn't mean red neck small town Wall, it means an accountant or legit smart guy (from a real city) balancing the budget and cutting crime. Wall is racking up billions in total debt and Saskatchewan's crime rate is double Alberta's. Wall is just lucky PCS is an awesome big company, unfortunately with a bit of competition these days

• Touche
    October 09, 2013 - 21:43

Tough to recruit to small town ie Shaunovan when #McMorris just axed #STC bus service! Guess you bring in impoverished foreign workers, and without bus, they can't leave! Serious though, band aid foreign workers for fast food and less rural transportation options are both ways the SaskParty is failing Saskatchewan. And that doesn't even broach the 8 times normal native crime rate in the fastest growing segment of Saskatchewan population the past decade. So touché concerned citizen, the population growth is modest, not a good thing per se and something The Sask Party seems to want to disguise. Too bad the NDP never thought of shipping in foreign workers for McD's, as they too could have seen "record" growth*! * Not a real record, as trails Alberta *Not a real record as trails Sask early 1900 *Not real growth as more due to Sask Party asking for a higher quota of immigrants *Sask Party did not cause record native birth

• Agreed
    October 07, 2013 - 21:41

"If Saskatchewan is "growing" why "recruit"?" Well Mr. Wall he raises an awful good point there Come to think of it, can't remember you ever mentioning the population growth is almost entirely immigrants and native births. Ever think us voters might want to consider that when you're selling us our kids moving back home? You're just lucky there's not a good right wing politician running against you.

• Critical
    October 06, 2013 - 21:36

Great letter! Sure the low star rating is because it's critical, but Henselmeier raises his usual pointed critiques that no one else has the guts to say! "Brad Wall claims that Saskatchewan's population growth is people choosing to come back home" Touche Mr. Wall, why DO you have to recruit, if everyone is moving back home? And, if they are moving here for "jobs" how come in my job at PCS I see very FEW immigrants? Not like they're coming here to help out at PCS or Cameco. Just keeping fast food wages low, which sucks for youth and for the immigrants. Oh, and First Nations with a 50% unemployment are the other half of Saskatchewan's growth. But no one wants to mention that 500 lb gorilla do they? Touche Henselmeier, If only Cam Broten wasn't such a nice guy, if he was a big grump like you I bet the NDP would have a chance. Alas, the sheople of Saskatchewan will swallow what ever papa Bradley feeds them, so Sask Party until Saskatchewan is losing people despite astronomical First Nations birth rate and all the fast food jobs are filled by Philippine's immigrants? Guess we've got Brad and his B team supporting cast for a while! I also agree I like that Broten is not just a working class guy, but one who saved up, got a friggin masters and became a business big wig. Work ethic and smarts. Got Bradley beat two ways? Too bad the media doesn't give Broten the time of day - but beats the NDP giving some controversial bleeding heart (Mieli) who wants to save the world or union thug (Wier) who wants benefits for all and a minimum wage you can actually live off. Broten is a pretty run of the mill, upper middle class white guy, but with a heart and some grit under his nails. Good middle of the road compromise candidate