Man escapes home after grease fire

Andrew
Andrew Wagstaff
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Man escapes home after grease fire

An Amherst man escaped his home late this morning after discovering what appears to have been a grease fire in his kitchen.

The Amherst Fire Department responded to the call at 1 Cedar drive shortly after 11 a.m. on Tuesday, May 8, after a 911 call was made from the neighbour's residence. Home owner Norm Pedersen watched from his car with his two dogs while firefighters entered the smoke-filled mobile home.

The fire was likely caused by grease from the stove, according to Pedersen, who was cooking at the time. This information was baxked up after a preliminary investigation from the fire department.

Organizations: Amherst Fire Department

Geographic location: Amherst

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments