Amherst Police seeking missing youth

Has not been in contact with family since June 27

Amherst Police are seeking the public's help in locating a missing teen. Charles Carson 'Charlie' Johnson has not contacted his family since June 27.

AMHERST – Investigators with the Amherst Police Department are seeking the public’s help to locate a missing Amherst youth.

Seventeen-year-old Charles Carson “Charlie” Johnson has been missing from his home in Amherst since May 30 and has ceased to make contact with family members since June 27.

There is concern for his health and well-being.

Charlie is described as a white male, approximately 5’10” and weighing approximately 125 pounds with a slender build, blue eyes and light brown, medium-length hair.

He has a tattoo in black ink on one shoulder.

Officers request that Charlie or anyone with information regarding his whereabouts or associations call Amherst Police at 902-667-8600.

Organizations: Amherst Police Department

Geographic location: AMHERST

Comments

Comments

• Kate Caissie-Stone
    July 27, 2014 - 11:42

ftp

• Sandy Graham
    July 25, 2014 - 10:05

I am divided about whether, and how to respond, to a situation of which I know very little. Every family has its issues (and as a teen, I had many). Still, as a father of two young men, I feel compelled to write the following words. Dear Charlie: If you read these words, please know that many people are worried about you. If you were my son, my gut would be twisting with torment till I knew you were safe. So if you are safe, please do the right thing, and ease the burden from those who care about you, and let them know, in some way (there are many) that you are indeed safe. And you are not alone, either. There are many who struggle to define their life path, their values, and “where they are going in life” (even some fathers). But you do have options. Please remember that, and that it’s okay to make mistakes. It’s called “paying your dues”, also known as life. Sandy Graham Parrsboro

• Al
    July 24, 2014 - 22:20

Hope he's O.K. I got kids too.

• mamabear
    July 24, 2014 - 14:53

Yes I agree ..he isnt missing he is here in amherst somewhere..just doesnt want to be found....

• liontayma
    July 23, 2014 - 19:42

He's not missing, he doesn't want to be found.

• linda moore
    July 23, 2014 - 17:17

could he have gone over the the music festival on the Island????? but no excuse not to call home