A 24 suite apartment building in the 600 block of 6th Ave. N.E. was evacuated on Thursday night as the Swift Current Fire Department was called to extinguish a small kitchen fire.
The Fire Department responded to an alarm just before 9 p.m. last night, where they found heavy smoke on the third floor caused by a fire in a pot left on a stove.
After the small fire was extinguished, fire crews ventilated the building.
There were no injuries reported as a result of the fire, but ambulance staff assessed one individual.
The fire alarm at the apartment building had been activated and residents evacuated their suites before being to re-enter the building after the heavy smoke was ventilated.
The Fire Department reports that there were only light structural damaged and moderate content damages.