The Canadian Press
YARMOUTH, N.S. – An update is expected Tuesday on the evaluation of business proposals from three companies interested in running a ferry service between Nova Scotia and Maine.
Economic Development Minister Graham Steele will make the announcement in Yarmouth.
The government said last month that it received bids from three companies.
Two bids were rejected earlier this year after the government said neither met the criteria for a viable operation.
The Yarmouth-to-Maine link was discontinued in December 2009 after the provincial government cut its subsidies.
The government faced sharp criticism for the decision and is now offering $21 million over seven years to restart the service.