Anne Murray to appear on Family Guy

Anne Murray

SPRINGHILL – Springhill’s favourite daughter has a date with the Family Guy.

Capturing young audiences attention in the late 1970s with her children’s album There’s A Hippo In My Tub, and again in the 1980s with her appearance on the Muppet Show, Anne is bridging the generation gap once again, making her way on Fox Broadcasting Company’s the Family Guy where she handles her own voice cameo in the cartoon when it airs February 17.

A synopsis for the episode reveals Stewie and Brian become obsessed with singer Anne Murray, and visit her to find out the true meaning of “Snowbird.

Organizations: Family Guy, Fox Broadcasting Company

Comments

Comments

• heather
    February 06, 2013 - 18:04

Thought Anne had more class.

• noodle
      February 07, 2013 - 08:08

With a crass comment like that it makes one wonder what you would know about class. I'm sure Anne is cringing at the thought that you think less of her, but I'm sure she'll get through it with the support of the worldwide legion of fans who love and respect her and all the new fans she'll get from appearing on one of the most popular shows on television.

• Jimmy Legs
      February 07, 2013 - 08:11

Lighten up. You may actually laugh!

• Dugald Taylor
    February 06, 2013 - 12:51

I remember Barefoot Annie on B&W Halifax TV!

• Carolyn Lawrence
    February 06, 2013 - 10:53

I can't wait to see the episode and what a delight to know that Anne will be doing her own voice! And how neat is it that Seth MacFarlane and the FG team wrote a "Brian and Stewie" episode around our home-grown singing sensation!! Seth is known for his own crooning abilities and I sincerely hope that he and Anne do a little singing together!!

• Lisa Marie Smith
    February 04, 2013 - 18:44

I just.........CAN't WAIT..!!!!------****-I Suppose.....I was among...that young group.....captured .......by >>>MS. MORNA ANNE MURRAY...so long ago....Now,..I'm.......her age, when she played.... my city --of PITTSBURGH---in 1992--->>>WHAT A LOOK BACK....and, a neat perspective----to still >>see her going strong-----Wonderful news-!!!---The kid, in me says--YAHoooooooo!!!!....YEAHhhhhhh...and >>>>GO......ANNIE.....GO...!!!!!----THAT --A--GIRL!!-------YOU... STILL GOT IT----GOT WHAT IT TAKES-!!!!......*lm. My: Sincere.....congrats..,,,,,,to you_____*---Lisa Marie

• HEATHER BLACK
    February 04, 2013 - 12:54

We knew Anne wouldn't stay retired very long. She'll do just wonderful on Family Guy, and they'll lo ve her.