Work continues on McDonalds

The new McDonalds on South Albion Street is beginning to take shape.

AMHERST – Work is continuing on the new McDonald's on South Albion Street.

The former restaurant was torn down several weeks ago to make way for the new modern facility.

It's expected to be complete by the end of December.

There are also McDonald's outlets in Wal-Mart and in Sackville.

Organizations: McDonald's, Wal-Mart

Geographic location: South Albion Street, Sackville

Comments

Comments

• jr
    November 23, 2012 - 11:10

The noise I was referring to was the sound of a dump trailer unloading and slapping the tailgate at least 10 times which is totaly unneccessary as it was not wet or frozen so the laod comes out rather easily. This has happened more than once and at least an hour before the bylaw allows it. The trees you speak of ar very small and at 5 in the morning sound carries very well. The trains going by are on more of a schedule and you get accustomed to the noise as it is regular. A loud banging of steel on steel is something totally different.

• notsure
    November 23, 2012 - 08:42

I frequently walk between Irving and Jungle Jims cutting through behind the McDonald construction fence. I am sorry but South Gate is at least 500 yards away and I see a lot of trees and bushes that are natural sound barriers. I stood on the dirt path in the field and the sound cant be that bad. MS Foods and the train track would be more likely to be noiser. I see a lot of hot air over nothing here. IMO.

• jr
    November 22, 2012 - 07:28

Since you may not live in the ara at all and have no clue as to how well sound travels, then maybe you should just refer back to the first post which actually quotes part of the bylaw. It sounds like you may be someone who thinks that if no one sees youor catches you, then it is ok to break the law. Thik it through before posting. Move into a neighbourhood that has to deal with these things. Maybe then you will change your opinion.

• Realistic
    November 21, 2012 - 06:29

I don't think I'd call hundreds of feet 'very close'.

• jr
    November 20, 2012 - 11:17

Then please tell me that you have never heard of South Gate Village. These homes are only hundreds of feet away from this site.

• Realistic
    November 19, 2012 - 11:49

I don't think there are houses very close to McDonalds?

• jr
    November 19, 2012 - 10:31

One thing that they need to do is to obey the noise ordinance for the town which runs from 10 PM to 6 Am and no more startups before then as there are a lot of people living very close by. they should follow this: PART 5 - HOURS OF CONSTRUCTION 5.1 No person shall engage in construction or the operation of any construction equipment in connection with construction between the hours of 10:OO p.m. and 6:00 a.m. except where such construction or operation of equipment is on any highway, Town-owned street, sidewalk, or water or sewer utility.