Shed fire threatens mementoes

Eric Sparling
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Doug Gay (in red) with Samaritan neighbours

AMHERST – Doug Gay stood in his yard watching Amherst firefighters hose down the interior of his shed. The Bayview Avenue resident had no idea what started the fire.

His neighbours alerted him, he said – he’d been lying down at the time.

“Very much so,” he said when asked if he was concerned about the shed’s contents. He revealed that he stored mementoes of his children and grandchildren in the small outbuilding.

The shed also contained gasoline, he said.

Two fire engines attended the incident, which occurred the morning of June 28.

Geographic location: Bayview Avenue

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments