Overheated pot causes fire in two-unit building

Raissa Tetanish
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

House fire

 

AMHERST - Amherst firefighters cut into the roof of a house on Admore Avenue after a fire broke out in one of the two units shortly after 5 p.m. Wednesday. It’s believed no one was home at the time of the fire, however there was one occupant in the adjoining unit who was able to escape without injuries.

Amherst Fire Department's public relations officer, John Matthews, said the fire started just outside the kitchen, at the back of the unit.

An overheated pot, he said, was set outside to cool, causing the fire.

A mother and her adult son were occupying the unit at the time and are currently staying with a relative. They were provided with emergency food, clothes and blankets courtesy of the Canadian Red Cross.

 

Geographic location: Admore Avenue

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments