Fire sends man to hospital

Brad Works
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Victim treated and released for smoke inhalation

Oxford fire

OXFORD – The house fire that sent a 20-year-old man to hospital for smoke inhalation at suppertime Thursday is under investigation by the fire marshal's office.

Tory Rushton, chief of the Oxford Fire Department, said the fire started just inside the main entrance to the home at around 5 p.m. Thursday.

Firefighters remained on scene for roughly two hours, he said, adding there was minimal damage to the home.

Members of the Canadian Red Cross assisted the man, who they say was living at his mother's home and she was out of province, with clothing and other emergency needs.

He's now staying with a relative.

A volunteer with the organization took pet dogs to an animal shelter in Pugwash for the time being.

There's no immediate word on the cause of the fire at 103 Handel Street.

Geographic location: OXFORD, Pugwash, 103 Handel Street

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments