Sap's running

Rose Willigar

Maple run

Neil R. Ripley drains sap collected from the maple trees in his sugar woods in Fenwick. Ripley said this year has been the best run he’s seen since 1984. “Last night was the first night we’ve boiled all night in 12 years,” Ripley said, adding that ideal temperatures for the sap to run is minus five at night and plus five daytime and the temperatures have been very close to ideal temperatures.

Geographic location: Fenwick

Comments

Comments

• BARBIE
    March 11, 2010 - 18:04

The format seems fine to me. Bored people just like to complain so they can read their negative thoughts for posterity. Go take a walk. It's a loverly evening out.

• ken
    March 11, 2010 - 10:55

This format is brutal. You can't find anything and the sports section has had the same articles for the last three days. Whoever came up with this new format needs to shake their head. What about people that don't have access to purchasing a hardcopy? I guess you only get new news every few days. just my opinion.

• Joe
    March 10, 2010 - 15:45

I agree with Fuzzy bear. ADN isn't interested in spirited comments. Its a small paper run by a big company. Who needs the headache. I've noticed a drop in the numbers logging in online. ADN you won! No one reads the online version and very few comments. I'll go on the chronicle herald now and comment, at least they will let me use my name.

• Too Pricey
    March 10, 2010 - 12:24

SInce their sap is running so good this year, maybe they could consider adjusting their prices. In the last few years, they've skyrocketed! $9 this year for a tub of maple butter!!! The container certainly hasn't got any larger!

• Fuzzy Bear
    March 10, 2010 - 11:20

Surely someone in the daily news site must have noted the drop in comments relating to articles in the paper. While I read a hard copy of the ADN every day I also liked to comment on some of these articles which your old format allowed. GUYS ...This new format is a DISASTER in biblical proportions. What were your IT technicians thinking when they came up with this hair-brained format. Surely they must have bounced it off of someone who actually looked at the dozens of weekly comments being posted. There are only two conclusions that I can see for creating a format such as this. Either your tech's wanted to show just how smart they were (insert chuckle here) or you were tired of getting differing opinions posted from your readers. If this is the case then you won the jackpot. I notice that no one seems to be commenting anymore. Hello...Is this because an MSN or Google search will not bring up the ADN articles anymore just a Sorry the page you are looking for is experiencing technical difficulties. This has been showing this for over a week or more. I for one sorta miss all of the spirited comments that so many of your readers had.....remember once you lose a customer they rarely come back. Someone at the ADN had better wake up and soon.

• Davos
      March 10, 2010 - 20:44

Agree with all points. I absolutely H A T E this new format, so badly that I literally avoid coming to the site now most days. I can't find anything. That flashing picture on the front page is just long enough that I can't get any sense of what it's about before it changes to something else, then it changes again. Worse than useless, it's annoying and makes me want to leave. ADN - fix your site, this revamp was a disaster and totally pointless, your site is practically unusable now. Definitely unreadable.

• russian princess
      March 10, 2010 - 15:46

Fuzzy, I've gotten the technical difficulties message numerous times. I emptied the internet browser's cache and was able to get on the site after that, as long as the site was up and running (which hasn't always been the case).

• gerald
    March 10, 2010 - 08:26

the container over the sap tank needs a cleaning in that picture... do you think if it were stanless steel like the tanks would be better??