Name: Lenore Zann
Riding: Truro-Bible Hill-Millbrook-Salmon River
Professional qualifications: MLA for the Truro-Bible Hill riding since June 2009. Responsibilities include ministerial assistant to the deputy premier, Department of Culture & Heritage and Department of Environment.
Award-winning actor, writer and producer with 33 years experience in film, TV, radio, and theatre.
Volunteer work: Includes developing community theatre productions for youth.
Name: Charles Cox
Professional qualifications: Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Law degrees.
– Practicing law for about 20 years, has own law office.
– Truro town councilor for 14 years (served twice as deputy mayor).
– Served six years as chairman on Board of Referees (Halifax district) for Unemployment Insurance.
– Served eight years as a director with Nova Scotia Gaming Corporation.
– Offers strong organizational, public relations and leadership skills.
Name: Barry Mellish
Married: to Sandy
Riding: Truro - Bible Hill - Millbrook - Salmon River
Profession: Decorated former member of the RCMP (28 years); Post RCMP, provided leadership roles in transportation safety and airport security.
– Has served two tours with the United Nations in the former Yugoslavia during armed conflict. Decorated Serving Brother in the Order of St. John and awarded the Medal of Bravery, Canadian Peacekeeping Medal, two U.N. Peacekeeping Medals, the Canada 125 Medal, RCMP Long Service Medal and Bronze Clasp & Star.
– Volunteer efforts include teaching First Aid, guiding youth as a Scout leader and serving as an executive member/coach of local hockey and curling leagues.