People told not to drink from N.S. lake while tests done for possible toxins

The Canadian Press ~ The News
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

HALIFAX - The Nova Scotia Environment Department is warning people not to drink water from a lake in Cape Breton while officials test for possible toxins.
The department is investigating a suspected algae bloom in Lake Ainslie in Inverness County.
Toxins produced by some algae can affect health.
The department says people should not drink the water or use it to prepare or cook food, or to brush teeth.
Boiling the water will not eliminate potential toxins.
Water samples are being tested to determine if the suspected algae is a type that emits toxins - results are expected in a couple of weeks.

Organizations: Nova Scotia Environment Department

Geographic location: HALIFAX, Cape Breton, Lake Ainslie Inverness County

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments

Recent comments

  • mark
    January 18, 2010 - 10:17

    makes you wonder why the The Nova Scotia Environment Department takes so long?