Police identify Bible Hill man killed in ATV accident Monday

Staff ~ The Truro Daily News

SIX MILE BROOK - A Bible Hill man who died in an ATV accident on Dalhousie Mountain on Monday afternoon has been identified as Robert Glen Rix.
Rix, 60, died after rolling an all-terrain vehicle on a trail near a quarry in Six Mile Brook.
He had been traveling with his son and nephew, but was separated from them when the crash occurred Monday afternoon.
Police believe the man was attempting to dismount the vehicle when it rolled over and trapped him underneath. They have ruled out alcohol and reckless driving as contributing factors to the crash.
EHS paramedics and fire department officials attended the crash along with RCMP, but had to arrange for all-terrain transportation to reach the man.

Organizations: RCMP

Geographic location: Bible Hill, Dalhousie Mountain

Comments

Comments

• Anne
    January 18, 2010 - 10:17

Terribly sad news...he has been our family dentist since he first came to Bible Hill. He really was the BEST dentist !!!! I am so sorry for the family. A great man who will be missed very much in this community... still can't believe it!!

• C
    January 18, 2010 - 10:13

Yes he was and he also a man of God.You will be truly missed Dr.Rix.R.I.P.
    To the family ,you are in my prayers.
    May god Comfort you all in this time of sorrow...

• Kristin
    January 18, 2010 - 10:11

I have had Dr. Rix as a dentist for over 25 years and i am very sorry to hear of his passing. My thoughts and prayers are with his family during this time. Not only was he a great dentist but a friend as well, to myself and my family and seeing him on his walks will be deeply missed.

• Marie
    January 18, 2010 - 10:10

I am sorry to hear the news of the loss of a great Dentist. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family.

Sincerely, Marie

• Janna
    January 18, 2010 - 10:03

Shocking news, before I moved West he was my dentist since I was little. Great guy, personality and shared many laughs while in the dentist chair. Will be missed for sure by all clients, family and friends. My heart goes out to Paula and the children.

• J
    January 18, 2010 - 09:59

RIP Dr. Rix. I was sad to hear about this. You were well liked and respected in Truro.

• L
    January 18, 2010 - 09:58

An honest and good man! You touched so many lives. You will be sadly missed.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the family of Dr. Rix.

• NS Girl
    January 18, 2010 - 09:57

Best Dentist EVER! He will never be replaced. Shocking, sad, devasting news...RIP Dr. Rix

• Wilma
    January 18, 2010 - 09:52

YES best Dentist in our area then...when he left PUGWASH I traveled to Bible Hill w/ my children to go to DR Rix..Many nice Memories.!!
    Sympathy's to ALL the Family so sad doing a fun thing turned Tragic..

• M
    January 18, 2010 - 09:48

R.I.P DR. Rix
    you will be very missed but always in are hearts .
    you where a good man and destist .
    my love goes out to your family.
    you will never be forgoten .

• Natalea
    January 18, 2010 - 09:45

R.I.P. Dr Rix. He was my dentist for over 20years and was also my children's dentist. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

• Scott
    January 18, 2010 - 09:44

It is alway a heart breaking time when some one passes but it it that much harder to loose not only a great dentist in the community but to loose a great friend. Bob you will be missed by many and the hole you leave in out lives will never be filled. My thoughs go out to Paula and the kids at this time of great sorry. You may be gone you will never be forgotten.

• Janna
    January 18, 2010 - 09:39

• Wayne
    January 18, 2010 - 09:37

So sad to hear of this terrible accident,He was my dentist for years, I will really miss him. God bless his family and our prayers are with you you all at this sad time