Residents back home after electrical fire at P.E.I seniors care facility

The Canadian Press ~ The News
Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

MISCOUCHE, P.E.I. - Prince Edward Island's fire marshal is crediting the quick thinking of a staff member and a sprinkler system with averting disaster at a seniors' care facility.
The nine residents of Miscouche Villa were back home Monday after a fire that forced the evacuation of the facility just after 3 a.m. Saturday.
Fire marshal Dave Blacquiere says the sprinkler system put the electrical fire out quickly.
The lone staff member on duty reacted immediately once the alarm sounded.
The fire was caused by a multi-outlet device plugged into a regular wall outlet in an unoccupied second-floor room.
The residents were shaken by the event but not hurt.

Geographic location: MISCOUCHE, Prince Edward Island

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments