Fire contained at ARHS

Send to a friend

Send this article to a friend.

Amherst firefighter walks toward the smoke filled cafeteria at ARHS. The fire started at 10 a.m. this morning

AMHERST – A fire broke out at the Amherst Regional High School cafeteria this morning, forcing the students to evacuate.

At 10 a.m. a report of a fire was issued, as Amherst firefighters and police arrived at the scene.

The students evacuated to the basketball court in the frigid outdoors, leaving some students huddling together for warmth.

Principal Pamela Hoar said the fire was contained in an oven in the cafeteria.

Safety is the primary concern, she said.

“Just being cautious. You don’t want to play with these things.” 

Organizations: Amherst Regional High School

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Thanks for voting!

Top of page

Comments

Comments