Betty McDougall was presented her 2011 Volunteer Recognition Certificate by Scott Osmachenko, Chair of the South West District for Culture, Recreation and Sport Board of Directors.
Swift Current's Betty McDougall has been announced as one of nine winners of the 2013 Saskatchewan Volunteer Medal.
McDougall has been a tireless volunteer in the community over the years, with many of her endeavours directed towards youth.
She sat as a founding member of both the Swift Current KidSport Chapter plus the Swift Current Community Youth Initiative, and she is a former chair of the Swift Current Band Auxiliary. McDougall has also served as chair of the Canadian Tire JumpStart Program.
Some of her other volunteer endeavours have included:
- Chair of the Doc's Town Heritage Village Committee.
- Chair of the Swift Current Ag and Ex.
- President Saskatchewan Organization of Heritage Languages.
- Vice President of the Saskatchewan History and Folklore Society.
- Vice President of the Canadian Mental Health Association, Swift Current Branch.
- Treasurer of the Southwest Ukrainian Cultural Council.
- Secretary of the Southwest Council on Aging.
- Board member of the Swift Current Tourism Committee.
- Board member of the Southwest Cultural Development Group.
- Executive member of the Boy Scouts and Brownies.
- Executive member of the Swift Current Multicultural Council.
- Executive member of the Swift Current Evening Ladies Curling Club, plus she was a member of the Scott Tournament of Hearts organization committee.
McDougall has been presented with a series of previous accolades for her community involvement over the years, receiving the Queen’s
Diamond Jubilee Medal; Queen’s Golden Jubilee Medal; Commemorative Medal for the Centennial of Saskatchewan; 2011 Volunteer of the Year, Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association; 1996 Volunteer of the Year, Saskatchewan Council of Cultural Organizations; and the Mel Osborne Fellowship, Kiwanis Club of Swift Current.
Since its 1995 inception, a total of 166 people have received the Saskatchewan Volunteer Medal.